Dec 3, 2006

The great thing about the internet.

Is being able to read things sometimes so detached from themselves, you wind up having a physical reaction to them, they actually stir such a deep feeling within you. I read something the other week so dysfunctional, so out there but, it was a treatise masquerading under the guise of something else.

It comes from the same place all the religous fanatics who were their religion on their lapel and trot around with the sense of moral superiority, the place from where an oppressed minority can scream about never falling prey to bigoted behavior because of their experience and yet still embrace all the prejudices others can succumb to.

The particular passage has nothing to do with either of those topics but it resonates within me by echoing those same ironies mentioned above.

It moved me to look up a new word: Misandrist.

Maybe, I’m getting wiser though because rather than allow myself to become enmeshed in another’s stupidity, I’ve got my own things to deal with. I have to admit however to continually being amazed by the level of people’s self denial.

No comments: